Friday, May 4, 2007

House Closing

So, on Monday I signed a whole bunch of papers. Before that, there was a bit of excitement. My homeowners insurance wasn't officially processed yet, so I had to run down to their office and get everything sorted out. Plus, I wasn't told until about 9:30am what amount to get a cashier's check made out for. Incidentally, I don't think Bank of America charged me for my cashier's check. That made me slightly happy. Anyway, I was a few minutes late to my 10:00 meeting.

After another 15 minutes of waiting, all the paperwork was printed off, and I was ready to sign. That took quite awhile, but it was relatively painless. Finally, I went to get my house key, do a quick walk-through, then head back over to the insurance place to work out car insurance. And eat lunch.

So, the gist of it is that I now own a house, and a sizable debt on said house.

What's surprising, though, is how unexcited I am. I was quite excited during the offer/counteroffer/acceptance stage, but that has worn off. It is surely difficult to maintain a high level of excitement for most of a month, and I've had plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. We'll just have to see if the moving process brings a whole new period of excitement.

On a completely unrelated note, my serious little blog here has been flagged as possible blog spam by Google. I guess most people don't have such boring blogs primarily discussing mortgages. But, I have a mortgage, so there's little reason to talk about it anymore. I'm sure this means my blog will become ever so much more interesting...

No comments: